Housing markets with the highest percentage of resident CEOs and legislators were identified by the U.S. Census Bureau according to a recent article by The Wall Street Journal . Five of the ten top spots are in Florida, including the Vero Beach market ranking #3.
Florida is also a popular destination because there is no individual state income tax. As noted in the article, home prices in all markets are rising, and CEOs are attracted to the beautiful year-round weather and abundance of sunshine. Another factor in Florida's popularity could be that many times a second home in a vacation destination can transition to a primary residence as working remotely becomes more feasible.
See below for the complete list of cities, percentage of CEO residents and median home price.
1. Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, Connecticut - 1.82% resident CEOs, $569,000 median home price.
2. Boulder, Colorado - 1.45%; $445,335
3. Sebastian-Vero Beach, Florida - 1.37%; $238,900
4. Naples-Marco Island, Florida - 1.28%; $445,000
5. Cape Coral-Fort Myers, Florida - 1.27%; $249,000
6. Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA - 1.21%; $595,000
7. Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach, Florida - 1.20%; $229,000
8. North Port-Bradenton-Sarasota - 1.20%; $279,990
9. Barnstable Town, Massachusetts - 1.13%; $457,250
10. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA - 1.10%; $721,880
For information, please contact John's Island Real Estate Company at 772-231-0900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.